SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR (6 Months Maternity Cover)
HOURS: 5-7 Hours Per Week
We are looking for a creative social media enthusiast to join our team at John Julian.
Reporting to the Business Manager and Owner, you’ll be responsible for planning and executing our Social Media strategy, including managing the calendar, delivering day-today content, developing relationships with influencers, helping to manage our website, and communicating with our customers via regular marketing emails.
The role is predominantly social media, but we are looking for someone who is happy to be involved in other areas of marketing where needed. This could be helping to create content for a newsletter to taking pictures of our products in the studio.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a creative vision who has a passion for communicating with audiences and getting customers excited about our pieces. You will need to be a self-starter who is able to work on your own initiative whilst working collaboratively with the team.
You will be working with a small and friendly team. It is possible to work remotely but you must be able to commit to working one morning per week at the John Julian workshop based in the village of Burcombe on the outskirts of Salisbury, UK.
- Create and execute our monthly social content strategy, scheduling posts and stories.
- Communication and customer service support via social media comments and direct messages.
- Create content for our Social Media platforms, photographing the workshop in action, creating videos to share.
- Drive traffic, engagement, conversion and revenue
- Update the Business Development Coordinator and Business Manager weekly.
- Experience managing social media channels.
- Ability to create and execute an inspiring and engaging social media calendar that communicates the John Julian brand.
- Excellent copywriting skills maintaining consistent brand tone of voice.
- Commercial acumen and an understanding of the drivers affecting a small manufacturing and retail business like John Julian.
- Strong proofreading skills, attention to detail.
- Confident computer skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to take the initiative, learn new skills as needed.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A great eye, with the ability to curate compelling content that brings our pieces to life whilst communicating our brand values. This includes producing content using internal brand photography and creating new content – taking great pictures and creating short videos for social media.
- Experience using email marketing system (we use Mailchimp).
- Knowledge of luxury interiors and homeware market.
- Experience creating and managing paid online advertising campaigns.
- Experience using Photoshop.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com